Have you ever thought about embarking on a touring holiday? This episode will debunk the common myths surrounding 'touring' and reveal why it's worth considering.
Touring is one of the most enriching ways to explore a destination, you’ll have more opportunity to interact with locals and find hidden gems, that you wouldn’t necessarily find on your own. Not to mention a tour guide will often you straight to the front of queues when visiting key landmarks.
The common myths we'll debunk in this episode:
- Adventure touring is only for backpackers and active people
- You won't have any time for yourself
- People move in a big group following a flag
- Tours are fast-paced in order to cram everything in
- You won’t get to meet the local people
- Escorted tours are just for old people
- Tours are more expensive
- It means basic accommodation and food
Sarah Weetman, Head of Sales, Just You and Travelsphere
Stu Darnley, National Sales Manager G Adventures
Travel Weekly Article ‘ Get to grips with the touring and adventure sector’